When planning and preparing for one of the biggest days of your life, it's only natural to want the best in the business, am I right? Speaking from experience, when I was planning my wedding I knew I wanted the best of Nashville's wedding industry. So I searched, I met with vendors, I toured venues, and I literally read through too many online reviews to count. When I selected the best, booked with the best, and paid for the best, I expected the best. Case and point: I had high expectations. As I should of and as you should when you book with the best entertainment company in Nashville, also referred to as Snyder Entertainment. 45
We set high expectations for our level of service, for our participation in planning, how well we communicate, how well we present ourselves, how well we perform and play, and you should have high expectations for us well. And if you've browsed through our website you can immediately tell our attention to detail and thorough thought processes.
Your expectations should start sky high as soon as our first conversation happens. During our initial phone call or meeting, I'm going to ask you for some basic information regarding your event:
- What type of event is it?
- When is it? (Pro Tip: its best to book our team as early out as you can. This gives you more time to prepare, plan and get to know your DJ and vice versa for us. Typically anywhere from 9-6 months out is the ideal time frame to book with us.)
- Where is it going to be? Have you already booked that venue?
- If your event is a wedding, are the ceremony and reception at the same location?
- What other planning have you done so far? (We don't ask to be nosy, we ask because we partner with SO many local vendors and venues that we probably already know them. Plus our team likes to reach out to other vendors as early as possible for introductions and timeline preparation.)
- What is your estimated number of guests? Or how many guests will you be inviting?
- Besides music, what other elements are you considering adding to the event? (Again, we aren't trying to be nosy, we just offer such a wide range of services, and sometimes not all of our prospective clients know about all of them.)
Questions of that nature will ebb and flow during our conversation, and I'll probably have additional follow up questions based on your answers and planning thus far. I just try to get as many details from you right away so that I can not only ensure you have all of the information that you need to make an informed decision, but also to be sure that I'm going to give you the most accurate quote for our services based on your event. Now you're probably thinking aren't you going to ask about the length of time? Unlike other local DJ companies, we don't put a time limit on your event. Our team arrives to every event at least two hours prior to the start time for set up, sound check, and so on and we don't leave until the party is over. We will ask for a start and end time closer to your event date, and if you hire us for specialty services that require a tech, we will only have the tech present at the event until their contracted time. Our team will work with you to confirm details, answer any questions, and work to be prepared and give you peace of mind.
In addition to questions that our team might have you initially, we also know that you're going to have some questions as well. Here are some additional FAQ's that we often receive from perspective clients that may be helpful to you as well. Here's some of those frequently asked questions..
• How long have you been in business?
Snyder Entertainment has been leading events and weddings since 2000, so we're very familiar with almost every single venue in Nashville, other local vendors, and industry professionals. We recently were voted Best of B&B 2017 by local vendors.
• How many weddings have you done? How many weddings do you do in an average weekend?
We've been a part of thousands of weddings; honestly too many to count all the way back to 2000. But to give you an idea, from 2013-2016 we were a part of 1,005 weddings, which is roughly 252 weddings per year. To say the least, we have plenty of experience.
For an average weekend, we usually are a part of Friday/Saturday/Sunday weddings, but we've also been a part of Thursday and Monday weddings as well. We never double book our DJ's, so you never have to worry if your assigned DJ/MC had an event earlier in the day. On your day, it's all about you.
• Will you be the DJ at our wedding?
Personally, no I won't be, but that's one of the best parts about meeting with you, learning more about your desired taste, and hearing about your wedding plans. All of our guys have different styles, so I'll partner you with someone who will be best suited for your special day based on your preferences and compatibility.
• Have you done events at my wedding venue?
Our team has been a part of thousands of weddings, so we're very familiar with almost every single venue in and around Nashville. (We also travel to surrounding areas such as Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Birmingham, and beyond.) If it's a new venue, we always arrange an on-site visit to explore the property, ask proper questions, and gather as much information as we can so that we are totally prepared for your day.
• What sets you apart from your competition?
Can I give you two answers? First, quality not quantity. Other DJ companies advertise that they always have a DJ available for your event, by keeping upwards of a hundred plus people on their team at one time. Instead of trying to add as many people to our team as we can, we take the time to professionally train each one of our DJ's and techs' to ensure that they are sufficiently trained to manage even the smallest details on your big day. In addition to training, our team members are always invested in your events, treating each one with care, and creating a playlist per individual event. Not every playlist matches every setting or couple that we partner with. Secondly, aside from our team members, we're separate from our competition because we offer our clients the "white glove treatment." Meaning each event receives the same amount of time, attention to detail, and thorough preparation no matter the size of the event, package chosen, or overall budget. Our happiness is your happiness, and we judge an events success off of your feedback.
• Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design or a photo booth?
We offer a huge variety of services for any and every event! Read more about our lighting and photo booth options below:
- Lighting | What can possibly set the mood faster than great music? Atmosphere! More to the point…Lighting. Whether it is the florescent lights at a dentist office or the bright audio triggered lasers at the club, lights invoke feelings in all of us. That is why Snyder Entertainment has worked hard to develop an amazing arsenal of lighting options that we can transform your event with. Uplights, Monogram Lights, Intelligence Lighting, Moving Fixtures, Fog Machines, Dry Ice Machines, Programmed DMX Shows, Lighting Towers, Lighting Truss, Projectors, Animated Gobo’s…and the list goes on and on. We have stretched into the world of wireless LED lighting to reduce our footprint on this earth while becoming quicker and more mobile with our venues. It doesn’t matter if your event is a Wedding, Corporate Event, Dinner Party, Sweet Sixteen Party, Sorority or Fraternity Function, or a Murder Mystery Dinner; our Lighting Design skills can completely transform any situation. Every room is different so all of our designs are custom made for you. Contact us today to see how our Lighting Design can help you make your events in Nashville and the middle Tennessee area unforgettable!
- Photo Booths | The Nashville Photo Booth is one of the hottest items in the event industry! The booth serves both as gift for your guest and as a scrapbook of memories for you. Our booth's print out TWO high quality digital prints on the spot…we will give one to your guests as they exit the booth and we will keep the second print so they can write in your very own scrapbook. At the end of the evening, your guests will have a party favor and you will have a scrapbook full of memories! Our Photo Booths are the perfect addition to any wedding or corporate event. And to make the pot even sweeter we offer fantastic bundled pricing when you add a Photo Booth to our DJ Services or Lighting Design Packages! Snyder Entertainment includes free custom overlays for your print outs. Check out the gallery to see examples of some of our work.
• Can you provide me with recent couples that I can contact for references?
For the privacy of our clients, we do not give out their personal information. However, we encourage all prospective clients to read about past weddings and events through our blog series titled "Nashville DJ Diaries," and also through reading our ratings and reviews on our WeddingWire reviews page.
The Music FAQ's
• Do you have any videos from a prior wedding?
Yes! Aside from our blog recaps and videographers tagging us in clips from past weddings, you can check out our Vimeo page to see our team in action!
• Can you assist me in choosing the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.?
Once you book with us, you will receive an email from me titled "Booking Confirmation," and inside this email will be log-in information for your online planning portal, provided free of charge to all of our clients. Inside the portal you'll find thousands of songs to choose from and a recommendation library to help you select songs. We've gone a step further to break down our recommendations by genre, decade, artist, and even by moments. It's incredibly user friendly and makes selecting your music easier than ever before!
• How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
Our music library contains hundreds of thousands of songs, and it's very rare that we don't have a song that a client requests. But that happens and when it does, we purchase the song at no additional cost to you.
Our genres span from alternative to the blues, rock, rap and hip-hop, pop music, EDM, disco, bluegrass, indie, R&B, and beyond.
• How do you keep your music collection up-to-date?
We have a monthly subscription that sends us hundreds of new songs each month that we easily upload into our online library for our clients. All of our songs are radio version, meaning free of explicit language.
• If the DJ scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go?
Always. When we book your event, we automatically assign two team members to your wedding day in the case of an emergency. Both team members will be present for your wedding, and your assigned dynamic duo always helps to keep the night moving smoothly.
• Do you act as the "emcee" and make all of the announcements?
Our team members are all professionally trained emcee's and they will review your timeline, pronunciation of names, and details prior to your wedding day with you to ensure everything is correct. We will make as many or as few announcements as you prefer.
• How would you define your "style" when making announcements?
When you think about emcee's I think it's easy to imagine a cheesy 80's DJ with a big bow tie, slicked back hair, and a massive microphone up to their face saying things like "alright girls and gents lets get this party started!" We are nothing like that. Our style is professional, clean, and clear spoken. We are conscious of our clients preferences, our surroundings, and of your guests needs when making proper announcements.
• Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list?
One of my favorite tools of our online planning portal is the option to create a do not play list. For example: my husband and I met at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, so for our wedding we requested to hear "Rocky Top" basically on repeat. And at the same time, on our do not play list was, "Sweet Home Alabama." Because Go Vols.
Have more questions? Want to learn more about our team? No worries, call me today in the office at 615.613.1686, and I'll be more than happy to schedule a meeting with you ASAP! Coffee's on me.
Written by: J. McGee