Viva Las Vegas! Some of Snyder Entertainment's team of talented DJ's attended the 2016 Mobile Beat National DJ Conference (aka MBLV20) in Las Vegas last week, and this wasn't our first rodeo. The conference is once a year with leading DJ's and production companies from around the globe. Our team travels to the Mobile Beat conference annually, and the guys always look forward to going together. Personally I think they just really enjoy the unofficial team bonding time. This conference is widely popular and highly anticipated in the world of professional mobile DJ's and entertainment providers, not just because it's the nightlife capital of the world, or because it means taking a weeks long vacation from the office... But instead because of who sponsors it: Mobile Beat. More than just a magazine to those who read it, MB shines light on celebrating and exploring the talent of today's mobile DJ artists and business entrepreneurs alike who provide music, lighting, photo + video, and other forms of entertainment for various events and gatherings. Part of the fun of this conference is networking with so many other professionals, and learning new ways to operate from different perspectives.
"Mobile entertainers can go just about anywhere to bring the party to the people, and Mobile Beat aims to provide them with the information and inspiration they need to get the job done with style." -Dan Walsh, Editor-In-Chief of Mobile Beat
2016 was an especially important year for Mobile Beat because it was the magazine's 25th anniversary!
"Las Vegas continues to build upon its reputation as a vibrant showcase for the extraordinary. This is the city that attracts almost 40 million visitors a year by offering the grandest hotels, the biggest stars in entertainment, the highest caliber of award-winning chefs and master sommeliers, and, of course, the brightest lights." -MBLV20
For the festivities during the conference, the MBLV20 team puts together an official schedule for all of the attendees:
- Each day our team attended scheduled presentations, training sessions, listened to professional speakers, and of course learned new forms of interactive entertainment for events and parties.
- There were mobile DJ exhibits and demo rooms for the guys to get to know other professionals and take part in some interactive learning.
- The conference also offered scores of powerful sessions conducted by industry leaders and business entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- The conference also offered a combination of sessions and company-sponsored product workshops, as well as show supplemental private training programs for the team to learn more about new products and technologies to bring back home and offer to YOU, our clients!
- 'After Dark' nighttime entertainment was also provided, featuring Redfoo from LMFAO, V.I.C. (Wobble baby, wobble baby, wobble baby wobble-- you know the dance), DJ Jason Jani, and many more!
- More 'after dark' entertainment each night included Networking on Sunday Night, DigiGames + DJ TakeOver on Monday Night, and Party Rockin’ Tuesday Night, and Raiding the Rock Vault on Wednesday night to name a few.
After talking with the guys, here is their unofficial schedule during the conference:
- Brian started each day around 6 AM to run the LV strip with several DJ's who happen to be avid runners as well. They ran about 5 miles and afterwards Marcello with MMP Entertainment would lead a fitness walk.
- From there they guys would hit the morning opening, which was led by the production team of SCE Event Group.
- Seminars for all of the attendees lasted until the afternoon, and then specialty tracks were offered for those looking to dig deeper into topics such as performance techniques, beat mixing, programming and more.
- On Tuesday, the showroom opened with all of the latest gear from leading manufacturers such as Pioneer, Chauvet, and ADJ. According to this guys, this was like walking downstairs on Christmas morning.
- The week ended with the keynote speaker Jon Taffer, restaurant and bar consultant from the TV show, Bar Rescue. Brian said, "He provided some really good business insight and quite frankly, he was a surprise breath of fresh air in regards to his recommendations."
- In addition to a great line up of speakers, Redfoo from LMFAO talked about branding, marketing and how to sustain success within your market.
- Everyday was a really good time.. (Gotta love that simple ending, haha)
Sponsored workshops are always a huge hit, very informative, and a chance to interactively learn on actual equipment with company supplied instructors. A few of the 2016 sponsored workshops included:
- Chauvet- DJ lighting (the brand we use!)
- Peavey- Supplier of musical instruments, amplifiers, and professional audio systems.
- Omez- Known for professional stage lighting and high-powered LED's.
- Mixcity Inc.- Creators of Kuelt, they showcased their new JammText technology that allows audience members to engage live with DJ's by messages and photos through texting, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Additional sponsors included: Bose, Electro Voice, American Disc Jokey Association, Mobil App Pros, Xedo, and more!
Okay, now Let's recap:
DJ's from all over descend upon Las Vegas to discuss business practices, latest trends, techniques and overall customer service. Our team has attended the conference every year since 2008. Next year, Mobile Beat will take place in the month of March again, and going to the show is a treat for our team. This year they had a chance to go see The Blue Man Group, Criss Angel, and celebrate Brad's birthday together. For our team members who reach 30 events per year as a lead, Brian pays for their show ticket. Our guys spent last week learning and educating themselves on new technologies and equipment, tips + trends that will help to elevate and improve YOUR upcoming/next event with Snyder Entertainment! Why? Because it's what we do. We want our clients' events to receive the absolute best entertainment options from us and we want to provide you with the most educated and formally trained team of DJ/MC professionals around. Our team goals at Snyder Entertainment are simple: make our clients very happy, exceed any + all expectations, continue our high rate of satisfaction among clientele, and maintain our reputation of Nashville's premiere Entertainment provider.
Check out some pictures the guys took during their time in Vegas: