One reason wedding planning can be overwhelming is because there are so many different wedding professionals to choose from. We've had a lot of 2016 brides start inquiring about our services for their weddings, and we realize how overwhelming the initial stages of planning can be. So, before you attend any meetings with vendors, it’s important to prepare yourself by writing down any and all questions that you need answered to help decide who is the best fit for your wedding. Bridal Guide has shared 10 questions to ask before booking your wedding DJ.
1. Is this your full-time business? Are weddings your primary focus? This is an important question because you want to make sure that your DJ has experience and isn’t doing this as a part-time hobby. It’s totally okay if your DJ primarily focuses on weddings; but if they have experience with corporate or club/lounge events, then that just ensures that they have experience with different types of crowds. You want someone that is experienced and takes his or her role in your wedding very seriously and that can adapt to different groups of people.
2. How do you customize the music experience for each couple? Can you help with song lists and providing suggestions? Your wedding playlist should be completely custom to your event. It’s your wedding day soundtrack. Snyder Entertainment offers couples their own online planner account where they can create and edit different music lists during the months leading up to the wedding. Not sure where to start? Our entire team is prepared to help you create your ideal wedding playlist.
3. How do you get the crowd pumped? If you’ve got a shy crowd at your wedding, you will need a DJ who can get your guests on the dance floor. There are several different techniques on how to get your dance party started. An experienced DJ will know all of those tricks!
4. How do you handle song requests? It’s very likely that you will have some of your guests approaching the DJ to request their own personal favorite songs. Some couples don’t mind, while others can be more specific about what music is played. The last thing you want is your DJ asking you for permission every time there is a song request (that isn’t included on your playlist). Our team of professional emcees and DJs know exactly how to handle requests and to keep a balance on pleasing you and your guests.
5. Can I hear some examples of mixing and blending different tracks? This simply means the transition from one track to another. You don’t want awkward silence between songs. That could easily cause your dance party to lose momentum. Be sure that your DJ knows how to transition from song to song while keeping the party going strong!
6. Do you have back-up equipment? Accidents happen. What happens if a groomsmen has had a little too much and spills his drink on a speaker? Your DJ needs to be prepared! Always ask if they have back-up equipment.
7. Have you played at our chosen wedding venue before? If not, can you make a site visit beforehand? You’ll want your DJ to be familiar with your venue before the day of the event. It’s important that they are aware of the layout of your reception so they can determine the best space for them. We have had the pleasure of working at some of Nashville's best wedding venues and are pretty familiar with the various layouts. If your event happens to be at a new venue, then we are happy to check it out with you so you can discuss your vision and feel that you want to create for your wedding reception.
8. Do we have our choice of DJs to select from, or is one automatically assigned to us depending on date availability? What happens in case of an emergency? Choice is very important! You want to make sure that your DJ fits your personality and style. Sometimes DJs are assigned based on availability, but you will always have the opportunity to meet one of our DJs to make sure you are a good fit.
9. What other services do you offer? (lighting, photo booth, etc.) Why hire multiple companies for different needs when your DJ could provide some of those services for you? Snyder Entertainment offers lighting design, photo booths, murder mystery dinners, and live entertainment services!
10. Why should I choose you as my wedding DJ? What makes them the right DJ for your event? Is it their personality? Is it their state-of-the-art equipment and unique techniques? Or is it their professionalism and dedication to the success of your wedding? The answer is all of the above with Snyder Entertainment!